#1 dupodong_*

dupodong_*

Delta

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

in his well-known critique works, Immanuel Kant said,
"Two things fill me with constantly increasing admiration and awe, the longer and more earnestly I reflect on them: the starry heavens without and the moral law within. "
did he mean that he want to replace the GOD with his Moral Law?
and in the later year of Leo Tolstoy, he often relied on Kant's work instead of his own belief. and he even use the doctrine of Kant to rewrite the his new Gospel, that is, GOSPEL IN BRIEF.
so here is my question,
does that mean God is just a perfect Moral Law that no one should disobey it?
and Nietzsche also discovered that "God is just a conjecture."
but if God is just a conjecture, how could we know which conjecture is the perfect one?
and if Kant wanted to replace the traditional God with his Moral Law, does that mean his doctrine is the perfect conjecture?
and if his doctrine is just a conjecture, as he said in his other critique works, that the pure reason could not proves God's existence.
so how could he knew his doctrine is the ultimate doctrine about God?
is he a God-believer or not?

millions of thanks in advance~~~

#2 mordecai_*

mordecai_*

Iota

• Non-Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:45 PM

in his well-known critique works, Immanuel Kant said,
"Two things fill me with constantly increasing admiration and awe, the longer and more earnestly I reflect on them: the starry heavens without and the moral law within. "
did he mean that he want to replace the GOD with his Moral Law?
and in the later year of Leo Tolstoy, he often relied on Kant's work instead of his own belief. and he even use the doctrine of Kant to rewrite the his new Gospel, that is, GOSPEL IN BRIEF.
so here is my question,
does that mean God is just a perfect Moral Law that no one should disobey it?
and Nietzsche also discovered that "God is just a conjecture."
but if God is just a conjecture, how could we know which conjecture is the perfect one?
and if Kant wanted to replace the traditional God with his Moral Law, does that mean his doctrine is the perfect conjecture?
and if his doctrine is just a conjecture, as he said in his other critique works, that the pure reason could not proves God's existence.
so how could he knew his doctrine is the ultimate doctrine about God?
is he a God-believer or not?

millions of thanks in advance~~~

He doesn't believe in god, neither is "god the perfect conjecture". Frankly many early societies got along without god belief quite well. God's are just ancient man's attempt at explaining natural law caused events that they simply did not have the tools to fully understand and a compensation mechanism for the poor and oppressed.

Fact is most relgious people are not rich, they are working class / middle class and feel the squeeze economic pressure and/or also seek religion to escape the pain of their existence.

God and religion are about escape, almost all religions with gods have some sort of reward/punishment system and afterlife. They would not self-perpetuate if there was no promised reward. Religious people are religious for economic reasons (i.e. profiting by recieving life).

#3 Ricardo_*

Ricardo_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 08:54 PM

Mordecai,

May I ask you ?..if you feel so strongly about religion being just an escape for us :

" God and religion are about escape, almost all religions with gods have some sort of reward/punishment system and afterlife. They would not self-perpetuate if there was no promised reward. Religious people are religious for economic reasons (i.e. profiting by receiving life)."

May I ask why you have been active on this "Religious" forum the past couple of years?

Could the answer be ,perhaps, that you truly do not believe what you said above and are attempting to search for answers?

"Fact is most religious people are not rich, they are working class / middle class and feel the squeeze economic pressure and/or also seek religion to escape the pain of their existence."

The fact is many in our community are quite "well off" monetarily and are also quite well educated with degrees in higher education.They ,indeed, do not "feel the squeeze" or a need to escape the pain of their existence ".... And yet many are very strong in their convictions and faith.

I think any truly sincere person who wishes to find answers to the meaning of life and the future of man's existence on this earth will ,at the very least, come to the conclusion that there is a God.

Do you not agree with at least this much?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users