Satan stuff

• Please log in to reply
1090 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:08 AM

I dont understand y'alls arguement. The Beast is ten Kings that recieve power. The "horn" is a crown that sits atop their heads. The Little "horn" is the anti-christ who comes to rule over them. But either way, it is a symbol of the power of Satan.

#2 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:20 AM

Evil dwells inside men (and women) Scooter, not inside some supernatural "bad guy" you can foist the blame on to.

#3 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:26 AM

Well, you, and the CDs are going to be greatly surprised to find that you have been wrong all these years. There IS a HaSatan and he will be the power behind the antichrist. Evil exists outside the realm of man in a being that had access to everything any arch angel has once. But y'all go right ahead and believe your nonsense, I will stay with the truth.

#4 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:33 AM

I'll stick with the Bible if that's OK.

If I sin, it's my own fault, nobody else's. It's my own fault for giving in to temptation and failing to live up to the example of Christ. There's no room for a supernatural bad guy in there. I'm the one God will judge responsible for it. I somehow doubt he will accept the excuse "Satan made me do it".

(I realise this is off-topic, sorry guys).

PS: Scooter, I am a CD.

Edited by nsr, 20 June 2005 - 06:34 AM.

#5 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:38 AM

Sure you will, but you have the choice. There is a satan. The Bible says he will be cast into the lake of fire, along with the beast and false prophet, And this evil,being tempts you all the time. But of course in the CD belief its all your fault and there is no outside power. I havent figured out yet how y'all decided that G-D exists. None of your belief is Biblical concerning Satan, the diety of Christ, and several other items. But go ahead and enjoy your disbelief, I am sure this nonexistant satan is grinning about it.

#6 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:43 AM

Nothing in the Bible convinces me that there is a supernatural Satan. Having read this site for a while I know this argument has been done to death with you, so I'm not going to bother trying to convince you.

All I will say this is that nobody sees a supernatural Satan in the Bible unless they're told that he's there.

#7 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:51 AM

There IS no biblical argument, only a Cd argument. One that has NO biblical truth in it. I also can read and my Bible says something quite different than what is believed here. But of course I dont try to disallow what it says, or figure out some idea that suits me. I have asked several pastors, and even one Rabbi, and all of them said you were reading into the Bible something that isnt supported. The Rabbi was nice and said y'all were just confused, the pastors werent quite that nice. You do have support from the Rabbi about who christ was in their opinion, but thats about it.

#8 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:54 AM

BTW, y'all do have one church group that believes kind of like you do. The church of christ believes that if you arent in their body of what I call a building, you are lost. But they are slightly misguided also.

#9 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:06 AM

Man's enemy is not "Satan". Man's enemy is our own sinful nature. THAT is what Jesus gave his life to defeat.

I'm not really interested what some pastors and rabbis said. They're just as fallible as you or me.

#10 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:36 AM

Like I said, thats a CD arguement, and perhaps the only one in existance like it

#11 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:50 AM

I know you arent interested in what they say, Problem is, you also arent interested in what the Bible actually says either.

#12 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

Well, go on and demonstrate from Scripture where it's mistaken. :coffee:

Problem is, you also arent interested in what the Bible actually says either.

That's an absurd statement to make considering you don't know me or what I'm interested in.

Edited by nsr, 20 June 2005 - 08:03 AM.

#13 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

I didnt say scripture was mistaken, I said the views held here are in several things. But , it makes no difference. There have been many types of thought that were slightly messed up. The Mormans for one, John Jones for another and the list is endless it seems. I dont think the CDs are quite that far gone, but the Bible does not back up some of the ideas here.

#14 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:07 AM

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I meant: demonstrate from Scripture where our beliefs are mistaken.

#15 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:10 AM

Tell you what, convince me that your beliefs are correct, without adding to or taking away from what it actually says. No embelishing anything with some creed, or ideology. I can tell you that you have an impossible job if you try.

#16 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:18 AM

Sorry but I think the onus is on you to justify your statements that our beliefs are wrong.

#17 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:29 AM

Specifically I'd like you to tell me where the Bible says:

(a) how/when/where/why Satan was created.
(b) when/why Satan decided to oppose God.
© explicitly who or what Satan is.
(d) what Satan's role is in God's plan and purpose.

#18 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:29 AM

Think so eh? I have given a lot of passages from the Bible,argued with several about what it says, and I get the same nonsense I usually get. Its always a ideology that has NO Biblical backup if one uses only the Bible to do it. I would say the onus is on you my friend, to prove what you believe has any truth in it at all. From all the efforts I have made trying to find any pastor, or Rabbi that thinks this idea is true has been a failure so far. Its strictly a CD view, not shared by any church I have ever found or heard of, and there are some really mixed up churches out there.

#19 Guest_scooter_*

Guest_scooter_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:33 AM

a) how/when/where/why Satan was created.
(b) when/why Satan decided to oppose God.
© explicitly who or what Satan is.
(d) what Satan's role is in God's plan and purpose. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Why? I have done so already, the Bible itself says there is one, this is the only place I have ever found that thinks this. Like myself, I aint gonna change my mind, and you arent either, so lets wait til the Messiah comes and tells us which has the truth, and which is a total misconception

#20 nsr

nsr

Xi

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

If you want me to take your views seriously, you have to be willing to defend them. I haven't seen any passage in the Bible that answers any of those four questions I just raised. I'm guessing the reason you won't give me them is because you can't find them either. :coffee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users