mdbarton_*

Zeta

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 07:31 AM

I found this article : 13 things that do not make sense

Throughout this article are quotes like:
“If the results turn out to be real, the implications are profound. We may have to rewrite physics and chemistry”
"One possibility is that .... Einstein was wrong. His special theory of relativity says that space is the same in all directions, but what if particles found it easier to move in certain directions?"

I am so thankful to God that I can trust in Him through Jesus - I cannot trust the 'theories' that many would readily accept as facts (until scientists discover that the world is not flat after all). What a wonderful and glorious universe our Father has created! It is too big for the human mind.

O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory for ever. Amen.
Romans 11:33-36

#2 mordecai_*

mordecai_*

Iota

• Non-Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 11:30 AM

I found this article : 13 things that do not make sense

Throughout this article are quotes like:
“If the results turn out to be real, the implications are profound. We may have to rewrite physics and chemistry”
"One possibility is that .... Einstein was wrong. His special theory of relativity says that space is the same in all directions, but what if particles found it easier to move in certain directions?"

I am so thankful to God that I can trust in Him through Jesus - I cannot trust the 'theories' that many would readily accept as facts (until scientists discover that the world is not flat after all). What a wonderful and glorious universe our Father has created! It is too big for the human mind.

O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory for ever. Amen.
Romans 11:33-36

When they say wrong, they dont mean everything they ever taught and wrote was wrong, just that it would need revision. There's no way any discovery would overturn the ages of the planet, life and the universe. So there's nothing really to celebrate.

#3 mdbarton_*

mdbarton_*

Zeta

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:58 PM

The point is that man is fallable - no matter how clever he gets, no matter how much 'knowldege' he aquires. The more things mankind discover, the more we find that there is to discover - and this should make us wonder at the awesome power and majesty of God.

#4 tarkus

tarkus

Lambda

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

"13 things that do not make sense" is a bit of journalistic licence. The list is really "13 things that might have interesting explanations if and when we can find out more about them". But that's not nearly so dramatic.

T

#5 Freckle

Freckle

Lambda

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts
  • LocationSolihull, UK

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:32 AM

"13 things that do not make sense" is a bit of journalistic licence. The list is really "13 things that might have interesting explanations if and when we can find out more about them". But that's not nearly so dramatic.

exactly
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

#6 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:25 PM

Indeed
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” = "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" = "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who maketh His angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire" Psalms (104:1) = "They saw what seemed to be flames of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them." Acts 2 - the secret is over, your ministering angel you need to be saved is the Holy Spirit.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/20950-holy-spirit-mercia/

Mark Of The Beast - his Name is the charachter/image of the medievil popes (now modern man)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/4997-mark-of-the-beast/page__pid__439951__st__120#entry439951

Historicists - Dual Fulfillment (seven thunders = more literal warning)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/14248-historicists-revelation-has-a-dual-fulfillment/

#7 Skeptic

Skeptic

Kappa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:56 AM

Science is by its nature self-correcting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users