10 replies to this topic

#1 wrsander

wrsander

Beta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

A friend suggested I join this group and ask this question. I am a first-time author trying to get my novel noticed. It is an historical novel set in the first-century and has three kids witnessing His ministry and trying to decide for themselves if He is a lunatic, a liar or the Lord. I wrote it as a witnessing tool aimed at teens, but the adults that have read it have enjoyed the insights into the time and the stories they are familiar with. I'm looking for some people that would be interested in receiving a free copy and letting me know how I did with the theology and details of the Gospel message. My friend thought this group might have some that would help me. If you are interested, please respond.

If this request somehow violates any forum standards, I apologize in advance, and I want you to note that I gave no details on the novel, where or how to purchase it.

#2 Russell

Russell

• Moderators
  • 883 posts
  • LocationCoffs Harbour Australia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

You are wise not to expect the forum to be used to advertise your book. That would not be acceptable. However it just so happens that a trilogy of the same genre that you have described has been written by the mother of two of the main posters on this forum. She spent a number of years meticulously undertaking the research. It was no trivial effort. The first of the books has been used as the basis for a musical play. As far as I know Sue is not on this forum but if you want advice from an expert you could ask to be put in touch with her.

#3 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

A friend suggested I join this group and ask this question. I am a first-time author trying to get my novel noticed. It is an historical novel set in the first-century and has three kids witnessing His ministry and trying to decide for themselves if He is a lunatic, a liar or the Lord. I wrote it as a witnessing tool aimed at teens, but the adults that have read it have enjoyed the insights into the time and the stories they are familiar with. I'm looking for some people that would be interested in receiving a free copy and letting me know how I did with the theology and details of the Gospel message. My friend thought this group might have some that would help me. If you are interested, please respond.

If this request somehow violates any forum standards, I apologize in advance, and I want you to note that I gave no details on the novel, where or how to purchase it.

You can send a copy to me, I will check it out for you. I did the same for my mother's three historical novels, which were all based in the 1st Century and had a similar premise to yours.
'Abba Antony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"'

Ward, Benedicta. The Sayings of the Desert Fathers (2006), Antony 25, p. 5.

Credo.

#4 buckerss

buckerss

Theta

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:01 AM

Hi all, it was me who issued the invite to post the request as I thought Ev in particular would be interested and provide a valuable critique of the novel. To get a flavour, and to avoid waiting for the post, the first 5 chapters can be downloaded online foc anyway.

#5 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:17 AM

Where can they be found?
'Abba Antony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"'

Credo.

#6 buckerss

buckerss

Theta

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:45 AM

www.thebookofjohn.net

Theres a link at the bottom which says "buy the novel" which also allows you to download the first 5 chapters which should allow Ev to do a bit of a review :)

#7 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

Ta.

Credo.

#8 wrsander

wrsander

Beta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

May I please get a link to your mother's series? I would like to see how close our concepts are. Thank you in advance.

#9 wrsander

wrsander

Beta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:37 AM

Your mother isn't by any chance D. L. Maynard, author of the Immanu'El series?

#10 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Nope. S. J. Knight, author of the Time to Hear trilogy.

Click here.

A review of the first book is available here.

:)

Credo.

#11 wrsander

wrsander

Beta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

"Why do we all use our first initials?" Asked W. R. Sander.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users