55 replies to this topic

#21 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:48 PM

EGYPT – A KEY ARCHETYPE IN REVELATION

The Dragon And The Drying Up Of The Waters

Isaiah 51: 9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon? 10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over? Revelation 12: 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

#22 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:51 PM

Takes God’s People Into Captivity

Exodus 1: 13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour: Revelation 13: 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

#23 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:53 PM

Lying Wonders

Exodus 7: 10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent. 11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. Revelation 13: 13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast

#24 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:54 PM

Punished By Plagues – Pestilence

Exodus 9: 10 And they took ashes of the furnace, and stood before Pharaoh; and Moses sprinkled it up toward heaven; and it became a boil breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast. Revelation 16: 2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

#25 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:57 PM

Punished By Plagues – Water To Blood

Exodus 7: 20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood. Revelation 16: 3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

#26 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:58 PM

Punished By Plagues – Water To Blood

Exodus 7: 20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood. Revelation 16: 4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

#27 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:59 PM

Punished By Plagues – Darkness

Exodus 10: 22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days: 27 But the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he would not let them go. Revelation 16: 10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain; 11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

#28 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:02 PM

Overturned By Judgment – Darkness

Isaiah 13: 10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. Revelation 16: 10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain; 11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

#29 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:08 PM

The Exodus And The Drying Up Of The Waters

Isaiah 51: 10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over? Revelation 16: 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

#30 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:10 PM

The Unrepentant Sinners

Exodus 7: 22 And the magicians of Egypt did so with their enchantments: and Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, neither did he hearken unto them… Exodus 8: 15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not Revelation 9: 20 And the rest of the men… repented not of the works of their hands… Revelation 16: 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God… and they repented not to give him glory.

#31 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:11 PM

The Unrepentant Sinners

Exodus 9: 34 And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart Revelation 16: 11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

#32 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:12 PM

A Man Of Sin – Pharaoh

Exodus 5: 2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go. 2 Thessalonians 2: 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped… Revelation 13: 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, and His tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

#33 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:15 PM

A Saviour Leading God’s People To Freedom – Moses

Exodus 3: 9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. 10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. Revelation 7: 14 …These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

#34 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:17 PM

A City Spiritually Called Egypt

Exodus 3: 10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. Revelation 11: 8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

#35 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:18 PM

Come Out Of Her My People

Exodus 12: 31 And Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as ye have said. Revelation 18: 4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

#36 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:20 PM

Now for a study of our second key archetype, Babylon. You will note that the same kinds of symbols are used here as were used for Egypt.

#37 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:21 PM

BABYLON – A KEY ARCHETYPE IN REVELATION

Kills The Children

Jeremiah 31: 15 Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not. Revelation 12: 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

#38 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:31 PM

The Dragon – Enemy Of God’s People

Jeremiah 51: 34 Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon hath devoured me, he hath crushed me, he hath made me an empty vessel, he hath swallowed me up like a dragon, he hath filled his belly with my delicates, he hath cast me out. Revelation 12: 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

#39 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:32 PM

Return From Babylon And The Drying Up Of The Waters

Jeremiah 51: 35 The violence done to me and to my flesh be upon Babylon, shall the inhabitant of Zion say; and my blood upon the inhabitants of Chaldea, shall Jerusalem say. 36 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will plead thy cause, and take vengeance for thee; and I will dry up her sea, and make her springs dry. Revelation 16: 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

#40 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 06:33 PM

Return From Babylon And The Drying Up Of The Waters

Jeremiah 50: 35 A sword is upon the Chaldeans, saith the LORD, and upon the inhabitants of Babylon, and upon her princes, and upon her wise men. 38 A drought is upon her waters; and they shall be dried up: for it is the land of graven images, and they are mad upon their idols. Revelation 16: 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users