55 replies to this topic

#1 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:15 PM

SYMBOLS IN REVELATION – JUDGMENT

Sword, Famine, Pestilence, Beasts

Jeremiah 14: 12 When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and an oblation, I will not accept them: but I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence. Revelation 6: 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

#2 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:17 PM

Jeremiah 21: 9 He that abideth in this city shall die by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence… Jeremiah 24: 10 And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers. Revelation 6: 5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

#3 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:18 PM

Ezekiel 14: 21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send My four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast? Revelation 6: 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

#4 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:20 PM

The Censer Of Fire Cast Down To the Earth

Ezekiel 10: 2 And he spake unto the man clothed with linen, and said, Go in between the wheels, even under the cherub, and fill thine hand with coals of fire from between the cherubims, and scatter them over the city. And he went in in my sight. Revelation 8: 5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake. 6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

#5 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:21 PM

SYMBOLS IN REVELATION – A DESOLATING HOST

Armies Like Locusts

Judges 6: 5 For they came up with their cattle and their tents, and they came as grasshoppers for multitude; for both they and their camels were without number: and they entered into the land to destroy it. Revelation 9: 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

#6 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:24 PM

Armies Like Locusts

Judges 7: 12 And the Midianites and the Amalekites and all the children of the east lay along in the valley like grasshoppers for multitude; and their camels were without number, as the sand by the sea side for multitude. Revelation 9: 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

#7 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:25 PM

Armies Like Locusts

Jeremiah 46: 23 They shall cut down her forest, saith the LORD, though it cannot be searched; because they are more than the grasshoppers, and are innumerable. Revelation 9: 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

#8 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:25 PM

Armies Like Locusts

Nahum 3: 15 There shall the fire devour thee; the sword shall cut thee off, it shall eat thee up like the cankerworm: make thyself many as the cankerworm, make thyself many as the locusts. Revelation 9: 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

#9 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:27 PM

EGYPT – A KEY ARCHETYPE IN REVELATION

‘For the whole exodus of the people out of Egypt, which took place under divine guidance, was a type and image of the exodus of the Church which should take place from among the Gentiles; and for this cause He leads it out at last from this world into His own inheritance, which Moses the servant of God did not, but which Jesus the Son of God shall give for an inheritance. And if any one will devote a close attention to those things which are stated by the prophets with regard to the end, and those which John the disciple of the Lord saw in the Apocalypse, he will find that the nations receive the same plagues universally, as Egypt then did particularly Irenaeus, ‘Against Heresies’, Book IV, chapter 30, section 3, 185 AD

#10 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:29 PM

Punished By Plagues – Water To Blood

Exodus 7: 20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the LORD commanded; and he lifted up the rod, and smote the waters that were in the river, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his servants; and all the waters that were in the river were turned to blood. Revelation 8: 8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

#11 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:30 PM

Punished By Plagues – Fire and Hail

Exodus 9: 23 And Moses stretched forth his rod toward heaven: and the LORD sent thunder and hail, and the fire ran along upon the ground; and the LORD rained hail upon the land of Egypt. 24 So there was hail, and fire mingled with the hail, very grievous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt since it became a nation. Revelation 8: 7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

#12 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:32 PM

Punished By Plagues – Water To Blood

Exodus 9: 25 And the hail smote throughout all the land of Egypt all that was in the field, both man and beast; and the hail smote every herb of the field, and brake every tree of the field. Revelation 8: 7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

#13 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:34 PM

Punished By Plagues – Darkness

Exodus 10: 22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days: 23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. Revelation 8: 12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

#14 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:35 PM

Punished By Plagues – Locusts

Exodus 10: 14 And the locusts went up over all the land of Egypt, and rested in all the coasts of Egypt: very grievous were they; before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such. Revelation 9: 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

#15 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:37 PM

Overturned By Judgment – Darkness

Ezekiel 32: 7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. 8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD. Revelation 8: 12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

#16 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:39 PM

Opposed By Two Witnesses

Exodus 7: 1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land. Revelation 11: 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

#17 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:40 PM

Kills The Children

Exodus 1: 22 And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Every son that is born ye shall cast into the river, and every daughter ye shall save alive. Revelation 12: 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

#18 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:44 PM

The Dragon – Enemy Of God’s People

Ezekiel 29: 3 Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself. Revelation 12: 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

#19 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:45 PM

The Dragon - Enemy Of God's People

Isaiah 51: 9 Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon? Revelation 12: 4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

#20 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 05:47 PM

The Dragon And The Drying Up Of The Waters

Psalm 74: 13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters. 14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness. 15 Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: Thou driedst up mighty rivers. Revelation 12: 15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. 16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users