10 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Gilmore

Ken Gilmore

• Moderators
  • 3,808 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Here.

Share it around. It needs the widest possible audience.
“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei

#2 Richard

Richard

Omicron

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Ooh looks nice, thanks.

#3 R2D2

R2D2

• Moderators
  • 4,273 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Here.

Share it around. It needs the widest possible audience.

It's a shame we can't print them out in colour, laminate them and distribute as bookmarks to be held inside Bibles.

#4 Richard

Richard

Omicron

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Why can't we?

#5 Ken Gilmore

Ken Gilmore

• Moderators
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Someone possibly would take offence at the trinity of Plato, Socrates and Aristotle.
“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei

#6 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think Richard's suggestion is an excellent one. You could always replace the philosophical triumvirate with an abstract picture if you thought they might cause offence.
'Abba Antony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"'

Ward, Benedicta. The Sayings of the Desert Fathers (2006), Antony 25, p. 5.

Credo.

#7 Ken Gilmore

Ken Gilmore

• Moderators
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

I think Richard's suggestion is an excellent one. You could always replace the philosophical triumvirate with an abstract picture if you thought they might cause offence.

I thought Richie's idea was brilliant - we need to encourage critical thinking. Unfortunately, I suspect that some would consider the presence of the 'trinity' to be a privileging of the 'wisdom of man' and distact attention from the main argument.

Personally, I'd replace the triumvirate with a single Bible verse:

"But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good" - 1 Thes 5:21

in order to show that clear, logical thinking has a powerful apostolic mandate. Provided there are no copyright issues with replacing the image, this would make an excellent idea.

#8 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Good one Ken.

#9 Hudders

Hudders

Mooooderator

• Moderators
  • 722 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

The chart is under a 'creative commons no derivative works license', which is defined as follows:

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

In other words, you can print it and distribute it to your heart's content, but you cannot edit it.

#10 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

which ones reductionism? you see its not mentioned as it doesnt apply in normal scientific debate (its a good thing in that context), but if applied to any debate in which metaphors are used and therefore an added layer of understanding, by appealing to the literal sense only (selective reductionism), you can easily deceive many (unless that selective reductionism is observed), which it usually isnt.
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” = "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" = "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who maketh His angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire" Psalms (104:1) = "They saw what seemed to be flames of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them." Acts 2 - the secret is over, your ministering angel you need to be saved is the Holy Spirit.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/20950-holy-spirit-mercia/

Mark Of The Beast - his Name is the charachter/image of the medievil popes (now modern man)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/4997-mark-of-the-beast/page__pid__439951__st__120#entry439951

Historicists - Dual Fulfillment (seven thunders = more literal warning)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/14248-historicists-revelation-has-a-dual-fulfillment/

#11 Ken Gilmore

Ken Gilmore

• Moderators
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

The chart is under a 'creative commons no derivative works license', which is defined as follows:

Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

In other words, you can print it and distribute it to your heart's content, but you cannot edit it.

Print away then. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users