#1 Radey

Radey

Eta

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNSW

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

‘But I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest who will do according to what is in My heart and in My soul; and I will build him an enduring house, and he will walk before My anointed always.'

Does anyone know who is the faithful priest of 1 Sam 2.35? One would assume it is Christ, except for the fact this faithful priest will walk before 'His anointed' always. I think it probably has a partial application under David, but does anyone think it has a future application as well? (given the use of the word 'always')

#2 luke

luke

Mu

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:59 AM

Zadok?

#3 Rebel

Rebel

Kappa

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

Russian bible says 'all days' instead of 'always', maybe it means 'all the days of his life'.

#4 Guest_TrevorL_*

Guest_TrevorL_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Greetings Radey,

‘But I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest who will do according to what is in My heart and in My soul; and I will build him an enduring house, and he will walk before My anointed always.'

Does anyone know who is the faithful priest of 1 Sam 2.35? One would assume it is Christ, except for the fact this faithful priest will walk before 'His anointed' always. I think it probably has a partial application under David, but does anyone think it has a future application as well? (given the use of the word 'always')

I agree it had a partial fulfilment under David, at the end of his reign when Zadok was chosen. Perhaps it also speaks of Samuel who was greatly influential in starting the school of the prophets, and in many respects it was the prophets who seemed to be more influential, and took over some of the teaching roles of the priests. Isaiah especially seemed to minister before the four kings, Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah. Ultimately all of these roles find their perfect example or fulfilment in Christ. For example Hezekiah and Isaiah are both patterns of Christ.

Kind regards
Trevor

#5 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yes it will be both, their are echoes like this through other Bible characters then end up all pointing ultimately to Christ. That is another reason why theological reductionism is our worst enemy in preventing us from seeing the truth (especially in the context of prophecy), because a reductionist theology would stop at David.
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” = "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" = "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who maketh His angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire" Psalms (104:1) = "They saw what seemed to be flames of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them." Acts 2 - the secret is over, your ministering angel you need to be saved is the Holy Spirit.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/20950-holy-spirit-mercia/

Mark Of The Beast - his Name is the charachter/image of the medievil popes (now modern man)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/4997-mark-of-the-beast/page__pid__439951__st__120#entry439951

Historicists - Dual Fulfillment (seven thunders = more literal warning)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/14248-historicists-revelation-has-a-dual-fulfillment/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users