"Reasons"

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Fortigurn

Fortigurn

• Admin
  • 34,729 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

Is this a money making venture as well or are they just covering printing and distribution costs?

It's sold through Lulu, so Lulu gets its expenses covered. I doubt there's much left over. It's certainly not a money making venture; ever hear of a Christadelphian actually making money off their work?

#22 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

I don't think it's a money making venture. The profit would be minimal, since I doubt they get much in the way of royalties from Lulu.
'Abba Antony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"'

Ward, Benedicta. The Sayings of the Desert Fathers (2006), Antony 25, p. 5.

Credo.

#23 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

It's certainly not a money making venture; ever hear of a Christadelphian actually making money off their work?

No
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” = "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" = "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who maketh His angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire" Psalms (104:1) = "They saw what seemed to be flames of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them." Acts 2 - the secret is over, your ministering angel you need to be saved is the Holy Spirit.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/20950-holy-spirit-mercia/

Mark Of The Beast - his Name is the charachter/image of the medievil popes (now modern man)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/4997-mark-of-the-beast/page__pid__439951__st__120#entry439951

Historicists - Dual Fulfillment (seven thunders = more literal warning)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/14248-historicists-revelation-has-a-dual-fulfillment/

#24 Dan

Dan

Theta

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTamworth, UK

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:22 AM

It should be only the start of a new wave of Christadelphian material on these subjects. We should have been publishing this stuff years ago.

I'm about 2 thirds of the way through this book and so far it's been an excellent read. The best thing about it is that it engages in the topics at an 'academic' level but generally has succeeded, (except one or two chapters perhaps), in presenting them in very accessible way, so that the majority of readers should have little difficulty understanding the issues.

Do you think you'll get it reviewed in the Christadelphian or Testimony?

Thanks to you all out there who have contributed towards it - hoping there will be more to come!

#25 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:51 AM

Do you think you'll get it reviewed in the Christadelphian or Testimony?

I don't even know if they're aware of it. A review from both would be ideal.
'Abba Antony said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him saying, 'You are mad, you are not like us.'"'

Credo.

#26 luke

luke

Mu

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

C. Crawford gives a review of Reasons here:
http://seeking-aorat...ew-reasons.html

#27 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Is this a money making venture as well or are they just covering printing and distribution costs?

Barely covering costs. Any profit is carried over to the next publishing project, so the process becomes self-sustaining.

Credo.

#28 Jan

Jan

Eta

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

The next book is out now; One God the Father, also edited by Thomas Gaston. I've got my copy but have not read it yet - it's in the queue!

#29 Evangelion

Evangelion

Administrator

• Admin
  • 24,344 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

It has its weaknesses, but overall I think it's very good. Certainly a cut above any other Christadelphian work on the subject.

:book:

Credo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users