• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

I am aware of 3 'levels of meaning' in Genesis 1:
1. Description of the literal creation
2. Symbolic outline of the last 6000 years of history
3. Symbolic description of the creation of a spiritual mind

I have chosen to focus on the third one at the moment, which I believe is the most important as it has the most relevance to each person here and now. However I have not yet found many resources on this. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. Here are my thoughts so far. Any additional thoughts appreciated as I do not feel that I have fully understood this yet.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

In the beginning

The heavens and earth = the mind. Heavens = spiritual mind, earth = natural mind (John 3:31). Jesus said ‘the kingdom of God is inside you’ (Luke 17:20-21). So we all have a ‘kingdom of heaven’ and a ‘kingdom of this world’ inside our mind.

“The heavens are the LORD's heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man” (Psalm 115:16).

Earth without form and void = void of the understanding of spiritual matters or the love of God.

"For my people are foolish; they know me not; they are stupid children; they have no understanding. They are 'wise'--in doing evil! But how to do good they know not." I looked on the earth, and behold, it was without form and void; and to the heavens, and they had no light” (Jeremiah 4:22-23).

Darkness = a state of spiritual death. This can be either involuntary (ignorance) or voluntary (alienation).

“For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened” (Romans 1:21).

The deep = Water signifies divine truths, deep water signifies truths the person is not fully aware of; something deep in the subconscious (Proverbs 20:5). In the beginning, deep water is the only thing upon the earth. To begin with, the inbuilt sense of right and wrong which all people have (Romans 2:14-15), is the only spiritual thinking to be found in the human mind.

Spirit moved upon the waters = Spiritual creation is the Holy Spirit at work in our mind (Titus 3:4-6). The Spirit at work prompts us to search for something higher than ourselves.

#2 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

Day 1

Light = Enlightenment, and a symbol of spiritual life, as opposed to darkness which is a symbol of spiritual death.

“For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life” (Psalm 56:13).

“The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God … For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ” (2 Corinthians 4:4-6).

Light comes from the sun, which also provides warmth. Warmth signifies compassion (Hosea 11:8). God’s love is seen both in the saving gospel message (light) and all the other good things he provides to mankind (warmth). Thus overall the sun symbolizes God’s love (Luke 1:78-79, Matthew 5:45).

Day = the good times in our life, when our way is clear (John 8:14) and we see God’s love in everything around us (Ecclesiastes 11:7-8).
Night = the times of trial, testing or sin in our life, when we turn from God or when he seems far from us (John 11:9-10, Psalm 30:5).
Only in the future age will ‘night be no more’ (Revelation 22:5).

#3 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

Day 2

Firmament or heavens = the spiritual mind which is created and rises above the natural mind. We now appreciate spiritual meanings and lessons not just the literal things of the earth. Thus ‘separation from the world’ happens in our mind. When James talks about ‘friendship with the world’ (James 4:4), this is in the context of our lusts or desires being at war within us (James 4:1). ‘The world’ is not only an external influence; it is a permanent fixture in the mind of every one of us. The natural mind has its purpose – it is necessary for living daily life – but our mind must not be ruled by it. Our natural mind must always exist under the over-arching dome of the spiritual mind.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8).

“If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth” (Colossians 3:1-2).

Edited by Greb, 13 January 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#4 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

Day 3

Waters under the firmament = subconscious mind and memory (Psalm 33:7).

Dry Land = Conscious mind. When something is ‘created’ in this context it means ‘re-created’ – or taken over by the Spirit. Although our conscious mind existed before, it did not exist in its spiritual form. Thus the spiritual dry land is now created, rising up from the sea.

Mountains represent man’s confidence in his abilities (Isaiah 2:14, 40:4, 1 Timothy 6:17, 2 Corinthians 10:5). Valleys represent the mind in depressed or bowed down state (Isaiah 40:4, Luke 14:11, Psalm 23:4). The effect of the Spirit is that the mountains are lowered, the valleys are raised up, and level ground is formed (Psalm 143:10, Luke 1:51-53, 3:5, Isaiah 42:16).

Plants = the results of the absorption and nurturing of spiritual truths in our minds. We absorb the word and so develop godly qualities in our mind, culminating in the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23, Ephesians 5:8-11). Although plants are a basic form of life and a symbol of transience (Isaiah 64:6), plant matter is an essential prerequisite to higher forms of life as it provides food, habitat and comfort for them.

#5 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

Day 4

Sun = Love, Moon = Faith and Stars = Hope

On the first day we felt the effects of God’s love but did not yet have a sun, moon and stars created in our own mind. Our spiritual mind (the heavens) is now furnished with these three great lights which rule in all the circumstances of life.

The greatest light is the sun, or love (1 Corinthians 13:12-13). We now feel and reflect God’s love and become like a sun towards others.

“The God of Israel has spoken; the Rock of Israel has said to me: When one rules justly over men, ruling in the fear of God, he dawns on them like the morning light, like the sun shining forth on a cloudless morning, like rain that makes grass to sprout from the earth” (2 Samuel 23:3-4).

Faith is secondary to love and derives its source of light from love (1 Corinthians 13:2). If love sustains us during the good times, faith is what keeps us going during the tough times (night). The moon is fixed, regular and enduring.

“Thus says the LORD, who gives the sun for light by day and the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar-- the LORD of hosts is his name: "If this fixed order departs from before me, declares the LORD, then shall the offspring of Israel cease from being a nation before me forever" (Jeremiah 31:35-36).

Stars also appear during the night and so hope is closely linked to faith (Galatians 5:5). Stars help us to stay on course though we cannot see where we are going. Prophets who give false hope are like wandering stars (Jude 1:13). Absence of seeing stars during the night signifies a loss of all hope (Acts 27:20, Job 3:9).

Whilst the moon borrows its light from the sun, the stars make their own light. So hope can have a life of its own and may be against all reason. The Scripture says of Abraham, “In hope he believed against hope that he should become the father of many nations” (Romans 4:18).

#6 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

Day 5

The first of many living creatures are created – Christ is now ‘living in us’ (Galatians 2:20).

Fish and underwater creatures = the thoughts and feelings from our subconscious mind.
Birds = the fleeting thoughts that enter our mind, and the wandering imagination.

Although these thoughts and feelings may seem less easily controlled and more likely to slip from our grasp than our conscious thoughts (plants), all thoughts can be controlled. Fish and birds are characterised in the Bible as easily snared and caught in nets (Ecclesiastes 9:12, Proverbs 7:23, Habakkuk 1:14).

When it comes to our subconscious thoughts/motivations we have to bring them up into our consciousness, drawing up the fish out of the sea of our mind, keeping the good and throwing away the bad (Matthew 13:47-49). If all our thoughts and imaginings are not taken captive by the Spirit, then they will be ‘ensnared by the devil to do his will’ (2 Timothy 2:26).

“We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:5).

#7 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Day 6

Animals or beasts of the earth = lusts or desires. Our desires range from basic or primitive desires (creeping things) to desires easily directed (livestock or herbivores) through to desires very difficult to tame (wild animals or carnivores). A desire is not wrong in itself but can either be set on things above or things below (Colossians 3:2).

Selfish desires are represented in the Bible as wild or fierce animals (Mark 1:12-13). The desires of the lower nature when indulged will result in envying and strife - people snarling and snapping at one another (Galatians 5:14-17) in a battle for supremacy.

Spiritual desires are represented as tame, harmless animals (Isaiah 11:6-9, 65:25) that eat plants (fruits of the spirit) rather than kill others for food. When our desires are re-created they are set on things above, or tamed and harnessed for God’s purposes, rather than focused on our own self advancement or self expression.

The culmination of spiritual creation is to become a man in God’s image and likeness – a mind that thinks as God thinks. It is to gain dominion, or self control, over all of creation or our entire mind. We take ownership and responsibility of all portions of the mind and bring them under the control of higher principles (Psalm 8:4-8). Our free will is used to do the things we know are right.

Male and female = in every person’s mind are male and female elements. Roughly this equates to the two ‘sides’ of God’s character – justice (equity) and kindness (Micah 6:8); ‘gentleness and severity’ (Romans 11:22), ‘mercy and justice’ (Numbers 14:18). On day 6 we manage the even balance between the two which is so necessary but so difficult to achieve.

#8 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

Day 7

Rest = A state of completeness, and therefore peace of mind. We are able to ‘rise above life’s storms and remain unmoved by outside influences. We have rest from inward doubt, opposition and worry.

The number seven in the Bible denotes something finished, complete, full or perfect. So the final stage of spiritual regeneration is when we are “perfect and complete, lacking in nothing” (James 1:4). This does not refer to being perfect in the sense that we do not sin any more, but perfect in the sense that the development and maturity of our spiritual mind is complete.

As James indicates, this state of ‘perfection’ or maturity is quite possible for every person to attain to. Our life may be a process of ‘two steps forward, one step back’ and so on. We may reach the 7th stage for a while, then slip back, then reach it again. David said ‘Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit with me’ (Psalm 51:10) and Titus speaks of the ‘washing and regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit’ (Titus 3:5). This indicates that spiritual creation can happen in our minds more than once.

“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3).

“Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous rules. Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble” (Psalm 119:164-165).

#9 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

References:

John Doughty – “The Parable of Creation”, 1892.

#10 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

I have chosen to focus on the third one at the moment, which I believe is the most important as it has the most relevance to each person here and now.

:first:

I totally agree. I look forward to studying it in depth later when I get home from work.
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” = "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" = "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who maketh His angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire" Psalms (104:1) = "They saw what seemed to be flames of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them." Acts 2 - the secret is over, your ministering angel you need to be saved is the Holy Spirit.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/20950-holy-spirit-mercia/

Mark Of The Beast - his Name is the charachter/image of the medievil popes (now modern man)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/4997-mark-of-the-beast/page__pid__439951__st__120#entry439951

Historicists - Dual Fulfillment (seven thunders = more literal warning)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/14248-historicists-revelation-has-a-dual-fulfillment/

#11 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

In the beginning

The heavens and earth = the mind. Heavens = spiritual mind, earth = natural mind (John 3:31). Jesus said ‘the kingdom of God is inside you’ (Luke 17:20-21). So we all have a ‘kingdom of heaven’ and a ‘kingdom of this world’ inside our mind.

“The heavens are the LORD's heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man” (Psalm 115:16).

Earth without form and void = void of the understanding of spiritual matters or the love of God.

This is correct, billiant I would say. Also, imagine the earth as described, void and dark with the spirit of God hovering over the waters. Is this not also a picture of us before we are born again? With the Spirit of God our ministering angel hovering over us?

We are Gods spiritual Creation so it of course also applies to us, Genesis 1:2 speaks of the Spirit superintending the work of creation. In a similar fashion, the Spirit is responsible for the work of the new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17) as He is bringing people into the kingdom of God through regeneration.

This was me...

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

God gave me a series of visions in 1982 and one of them was me, just before I was born again, laying on my sofa on my side and reading the Bible and the view was looking down on me from about 5 feet above. At that time the Bible was a oomplete mystery to me, I was in total darkness. God has not yet formed by Chistian character, I was
without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon me. But I cried out in prayer that God would help me understand the Bible and send me His Spirit to help, "and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters".

I realise now that was the view of my ministering angel looking down upon me as I tried to understand His Word. We are all that spiritual creation. Now I read Genesis creation account and realise its talking about me. How incredible is that? The Creation account is about me. All the best allegories relate to our spiritual journey with God right now, in our current day to day lives. That is what makes thje Bible so wonderful.

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the life of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6
"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” = "Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" = "Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who maketh His angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire" Psalms (104:1) = "They saw what seemed to be flames of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them." Acts 2 - the secret is over, your ministering angel you need to be saved is the Holy Spirit.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?

Mark Of The Beast - his Name is the charachter/image of the medievil popes (now modern man)
http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/4997-mark-of-the-beast/page__pid__439951__st__120#entry439951

http://www.btdf.org/forums/topic/14248-historicists-revelation-has-a-dual-fulfillment/

#12 Dan

Dan

Theta

• Christadelphian
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTamworth, UK

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:22 AM

I am aware of 3 'levels of meaning' in Genesis 1:
1. Description of the literal creation
2. Symbolic outline of the last 6000 years of history
3. Symbolic description of the creation of a spiritual mind

I have chosen to focus on the third one at the moment, which I believe is the most important as it has the most relevance to each person here and now. However I have not yet found many resources on this. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

Greb - you may or may not find this helpful.... Create in me

#13 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

Has that book got a barcode on it?

Who Is the Holy Spirit?

#14 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Without form
It is God by the Spiit of God that forms us, God forms our spirit within us, which is an ongoing narrative in the spiritual creation of man throughout and we know it is Gods Spirit/Word that accomplishes this.

The deep = Water signifies divine truths, deep water signifies truths the person is not fully aware of; something deep in the subconscious (Proverbs 20:5). In the beginning, deep water is the only thing upon the earth. To begin with, the inbuilt sense of right and wrong which all people have (Romans 2:14-15), is the only spiritual thinking to be found in the human mind.

I agree, but in the opposite sense waters also signify falsity, the flood of Egypt, the river of Babylon that floods the world with lies, so the Spirit hovering above the dark waters in a picture of the Holy Spirit/our ministering angel observing at the beginning of our spiritual creation our ignorance, the darkness in the deep.

Spirit moved upon the waters = Spiritual creation is the Holy Spirit at work in our mind (Titus 3:4-6). The Spirit at work prompts us to search for something higher than ourselves.

Which in my case the first time I picked up the Bible and turned to God again is as you say here...

Darkness = a state of spiritual death. This can be either involuntary (ignorance) or voluntary (alienation).

and...

deep water signifies truths the person is not fully aware of; something deep in the subconscious

Who Is the Holy Spirit?

#15 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Mountains represent man’s confidence in his abilities (Isaiah 2:14, 40:4, 1 Timothy 6:17, 2 Corinthians 10:5). Valleys represent the mind in depressed or bowed down state (Isaiah 40:4, Luke 14:11, Psalm 23:4). The effect of the Spirit is that the mountains are lowered, the valleys are raised up, and level ground is formed (Psalm 143:10, Luke 1:51-53, 3:5, Isaiah 42:16).

Mountains are often used to describe prideful institutions and governments, yes 'man’s confidence in his abilities', valleys are humble.

Plants = the results of the absorption and nurturing of spiritual truths in our minds. We absorb the word and so develop godly qualities in our mind, culminating in the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23, Ephesians 5:8-11). Although plants are a basic form of life and a symbol of transience (Isaiah 64:6), plant matter is an essential prerequisite to higher forms of life as it provides food, habitat and comfort for them.

There ae some brilliant threads somewhere on this forum demonstrating the above meaning from Scripture.

We now feel and reflect God’s love and become like a sun towards others.

I think the moon represents the natural good, that reflects light from the sun, but we are to be "like stars, forever and ever", that is suns, as science reveals today, stars do not reflect light like the moon, they are a source of light in themselves, as the angel says to Daniel, these are those who "lead many to righteousness".

Day 4

On the first day we felt the effects of God’s love but did not yet have a sun, moon and stars created in our own mind. Our spiritual mind (the heavens) is now furnished with these three great lights which rule in all the circumstances of life.

The greatest light is the sun, or love (1 Corinthians 13:12-13). We now feel and reflect God’s love and become like a sun towards others.

Jesus is the light of the world, the sun of righteousness, the greatest light. This is a prophecy of Christ in the creation account. A day to the Lord is as a thousand years, and the sun or light of the world comes on day 4, or 4000 years into Gods seven thousand year prophecy of mans spiritual creation. Christ came on day 4.

Day 7

Rest = A state of completeness, and therefore peace of mind. We are able to ‘rise above life’s storms and remain unmoved by outside influences. We have rest from inward doubt, opposition and worry.

There is no rest night and day for those who adore the beast and his image, that is to say those motivated by a carnal materialistic state of mind.

So the Creation account is actually a prophecy and statement of Gods intent/plan that is still unfolding. Gods spiritual evolution of man over roughly a seven thousand year period. But also a picture of each one of our spiritual creation within the scope of our lifetime.

Edited by Mercia2, 14 January 2011 - 04:52 PM.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?

#16 Mercia2

Mercia2

Pi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

So the Creation account is actually a prophecy and statement of Gods intent/plan that is still unfolding. Gods spiritual evolution of man over roughly a seven thousand year period. But also a picture of each one of our spiritual creation within the scope of our lifetime.

I think the Book of Revelation is like that as well, I am a historicist and I know that organised Christendom and specifically the RCC and papacy are highlighted, but I also believe their is an application that applies to each one of us within the scope of our own lives. I had an armegeddon, personally, and it resulted in God returning to my life. As I say, I know the great harlot is the RCC, but it is also a symbol of the flesh, do not all the abominations in the world come from the flesh, the mind of that is?

It is like you say above...

Mountains represent man’s confidence in his abilities (Isaiah 2:14, 40:4, 1 Timothy 6:17, 2 Corinthians 10:5). Valleys represent the mind in depressed or bowed down state (Isaiah 40:4, Luke 14:11, Psalm 23:4).

But specifically, God calls Babylon or the government of Babylon, o destroying mountsin, yet spiritually speaking that is because as you say, "Mountains represent man’s confidence in his abilities". So likewise, the great harlot is specifically the RCC, but spiritually, the flesh, or the carnal mind, which is the greatest harlot and is responsible for everyone ever slain on earth and ALL abominations. The RCC is guilty of alot but that last verse is specifically referring to the flesh/the carnal mind as they cannot be responsible for every prophet ever slain, thats the flesh.

Edited by Mercia2, 14 January 2011 - 05:26 PM.

Who Is the Holy Spirit?

#17 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Greb - you may or may not find this helpful.... Create in me

Thank you - sounds like just the sort of thing I am looking for.

#18 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

In the beginning

This is correct, billiant I would say. Also, imagine the earth as described, void and dark with the spirit of God hovering over the waters. Is this not also a picture of us before we are born again? With the Spirit of God our ministering angel hovering over us?

We are Gods spiritual Creation so it of course also applies to us, Genesis 1:2 speaks of the Spirit superintending the work of creation. In a similar fashion, the Spirit is responsible for the work of the new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17) as He is bringing people into the kingdom of God through regeneration.

This was me...

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

God gave me a series of visions in 1982 and one of them was me, just before I was born again, laying on my sofa on my side and reading the Bible and the view was looking down on me from about 5 feet above. At that time the Bible was a oomplete mystery to me, I was in total darkness. God has not yet formed by Chistian character, I was
without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon me. But I cried out in prayer that God would help me understand the Bible and send me His Spirit to help, "and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters".

I realise now that was the view of my ministering angel looking down upon me as I tried to understand His Word. We are all that spiritual creation. Now I read Genesis creation account and realise its talking about me. How incredible is that? The Creation account is about me. All the best allegories relate to our spiritual journey with God right now, in our current day to day lives. That is what makes thje Bible so wonderful.

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the life of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6

Thanks Mercia for taking the time to read and reply, I appreciate it.

The last quote you mention is exciting because it proves that the apostle Paul understood Genesis 1 to be symbolic of a process in our heart/mind. This is in addition to other quotes indicating he also understood it literally.

The 'spirit moving upon the waters' may be a single defining moment for some; for myself it has been a much more gradual process. Either way it struck me just how many times when there are references to creation in the rest of the Bible, there is also reference to the Spirit at work.

#19 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:20 AM

I agree, but in the opposite sense waters also signify falsity, the flood of Egypt, the river of Babylon that floods the world with lies, so the Spirit hovering above the dark waters in a picture of the Holy Spirit/our ministering angel observing at the beginning of our spiritual creation our ignorance, the darkness in the deep.

Yes I am aware the same thing can be used to symbolise different variations on a theme, sometimes good, sometimes bad. So that is something for me to think about - is the deep water being used in a good, bad or neutral sense here.

#20 Greb_*

Greb_*

Epsilon

• Non-Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:28 AM

We now feel and reflect God’s love and become like a sun towards others.

I think the moon represents the natural good, that reflects light from the sun, but we are to be "like stars, forever and ever", that is suns, as science reveals today, stars do not reflect light like the moon, they are a source of light in themselves, as the angel says to Daniel, these are those who "lead many to righteousness".

Day 4

Jesus is the light of the world, the sun of righteousness, the greatest light. This is a prophecy of Christ in the creation account. A day to the Lord is as a thousand years, and the sun or light of the world comes on day 4, or 4000 years into Gods seven thousand year prophecy of mans spiritual creation. Christ came on day 4.

Are we crossing over in our interpretation here. I mentioned 3 'levels of meaning' in my first post. Jesus being like the sun and the redeemed being like stars fits in with the 2nd interpretation - history/prophecy of 7000 yrs. But in the 3rd interpretation (creation of spiritual minds) everything described in Genesis 1 is something that is created within our mind. What do you think the sun, moon and stars represent, within each person's mind/heart?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users