No replies to this topic

#1 k4c_*

k4c_*

Theta

• Non-Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:16 AM

The word (word) in the original language is the word (logos). This word (logos) is never said to be a person.

In Old Testament times this (logos) of God was being manifested in the world through human prophets, angels and many diverse ways such as burning bushes, dreams and visions but never through a Son in the Old Testament.

Hebrews 1:1-2 Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

Many people read this verse and are led to believe that God made the world (referring to the Genesis creation) through Jesus but this is not so. The word (world) in this verse is referring to world or age to come. God confirms this a few verses later when He tells us which world He was referring to.

Hebrews 2:5 For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels.

The world to come, of which God was referring to, is the new creation, which God created through Jesus, not the Genesis creation because as we have seen clearly in the above verse, God did not speak to us in times past through His Son, but rather, through prophets, angels and dreams.

This logos of God is where life is found, in other words, when the spirit of God working through Jesus begins working in us to bring them into our minds and we make them our thoughts they will produce a character in us like Jesus who has a character like His Father God.

John 6:63 Jesus said, “It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”

The words (logos) of Jesus will manifest itself in us as a godly life. The godly life that it produces in us will be eternal.

John 10:27-28 Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.

It’s in the hearing and following (obeying) the words of Jesus that produces a life in us that will be eternal.

Hebrews 5:8-9 Though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

This is how the word (logos) becomes flesh. When we hear and obey the words (logos) of God through the spoken words of Jesus they will manifest a life in us, in other words, they will become flesh.

John 3:34 God sent Jesus. Jesus speaks the words of God, because God gave him the Spirit without limit.

This is what happened to Jesus in John 1:14 when the (logos) of God became flesh through the life of Jesus. If we were alive back then we could hug Jesus and fellowship with Jesus and say the same thing the Apostles said.

1 John 1:1 THAT WHICH was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon and touched with our hands, concerning the word of life.

Jesus is the logos of God made flesh, in other words, lived out in Jesus’ life.

Now we have to keep in mind that Jesus was the manifested logos of God but within Jesus also dwelled another logos, which did not bring life and they were the logos of Jesus Himself. The words of Jesus had to be resisted by Jesus in order to manifest the words of God. In other words, within Jesus were two wills, one was eternal pertaining to His Father and one was not eternal pertaining to Jesus’ will. Jesus had resist His will in order to do the will of His Father.

Jesus lived His life in perfect obedience to the eternal will of His Father in manifesting His Father’s character (name) to the world. This is why Jesus could say, “If you’ve seen me, you’ve see the Father”. This is why (by metaphor) Jesus could be called the word (logos).

We too should be able to give that same testimony. If people see us they should see Christ in us. In other words, we should have the mind of Christ, which will manifest Christ’s character in our lives in the same way Christ manifested His Father's character (name) in His life. We can become one just as Jesus and His Father are one.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.

The words written in our Bibles are only words. We can touch the Bible and it will bring no special power to us because the words (logos) have to become flesh. They have to be given a life to work through in order to come alive and produce godly fruit resulting in eternal life. Jesus is the prototype of what that looks like. The beginning of God’s new creation spoken of as the new man and the world to come.

Edited by k4c, 19 December 2008 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users