JonSAdams's Content

There have been 10 items by JonSAdams (Search limited from 30-March 23)

Sort by                Order  

#445541 Pray Throughout the Day

Posted by JonSAdams on 16 April 2013 - 05:34 PM in Cherith

#445530 Romans 8:29-30

Posted by JonSAdams on 15 April 2013 - 06:51 PM in Theology

Please justify this claim. I see no reason why free will would limit God's power and will.
[/quote]

If God set a rule in place(free-will) that he could not break because he wanted us to choose what is good. As soon as he sends his Holy Spirit to give the people the heart to believe, he would break this rule.

My bible teachers taught me while I was younger that God can not make decisions for you, but then reading the story of Saul/Paul when Jesus came to him, it was pretty clear Paul didn't have a choice.

#445528 Romans 8:29-30

Posted by JonSAdams on 15 April 2013 - 03:45 PM in Theology

Evangelion. said, The only thing predestinated, or foreordained, is that those who love God as revealed in Christ shall become Christlike in life, and like Christ in eternity. This is the only decree in the passage.

Evangelion.

Everyone would agree with me when I say that God has limitless power, there is no law that governs him. To say this, having a free will would limit God's holy and prefect will being done, it would also limit his power.

There is a verse that describes this a little better.

Romans 3:9-11
9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; 11 there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.

This verse describes how every human from Adam has been in constant rebellion from Christ. Highlighted red is the most important part, "There is no one who seeks God."

Reading the 53rd Psalm in verses 2,3 it talks about how God looks down from heaven to see if anyone understood, any who seek God. He goes on to say the everyone has turned away.

Ecclesiastics 7:20 There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right(Choosing God) and never sins.

I was taught free-will as a student in private school. I asked my teachers to support free-will with verses. They could never respond, we assumed we have it.

I will leave you with these verse to respond.

John 6:65
For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father.

I hope this opens the door for more conversation.

#445527 Election Vs Free-will

Posted by JonSAdams on 15 April 2013 - 02:50 PM in Theology

Thanks will go check it out.

#445512 Election Vs Free-will

Posted by JonSAdams on 13 April 2013 - 07:13 PM in Theology

Oh, sorry about that, Jon. It's located in a restricted section of the forum. Let me talk with the forum member who posted it. If they aren't opposed to me posting it here, I'll do that ASAP.

Thanks.

#445510 Election Vs Free-will

Posted by JonSAdams on 13 April 2013 - 07:06 PM in Theology

Thanks for explaining and providing verses. Yeah, you probably won't find anyone here supporting your position. Here is a thread on this forum that sums up how Christadelphians see predestination and election.

Romans 8:29-30

The link you provided gave me this below.

#445507 Election Vs Free-will

Posted by JonSAdams on 13 April 2013 - 03:29 PM in Theology

Thanks Chris

Election: Elect means “to select, or choose out.” The doctrine of election is that before Creation, God choose out of the human race, those who will fall, those whom would be redeemed , bring to faith, justify, and glorify in and through Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:28-39; Eph. 1:3-14; 2 Thess. 2:13-14; 2 Tim. 1:9-10). This divine choice is an expression of free and sovereign grace, for it is unconstrained and unconditional, not merited by anything in those who are its subjects. God owes sinners no mercy of any kind, only condemnation; so it is a wonder, and matter for endless praise, that he should choose to save any of us; and doubly so when his choice involved the giving of his own Son to suffer as sin-bearer for the elect (Rom. 8:32). (Information pulled from J.I Packer)

Predestination: Predestination means that God willed eternal damnation for some people and salvation for others. This is a lot like election in everyday.

Free-will: We as humans beings have free will to choose God or not,even though we are sinful.

I encourage you to weigh into this important topic.

#445495 Ten Common Mistakes about the NT

Posted by JonSAdams on 12 April 2013 - 07:39 PM in Theology

This is very good.

Would you post some scripture to support point 1, 3, and 8?

:D

#445494 Election Vs Free-will

Posted by JonSAdams on 12 April 2013 - 07:22 PM in Theology

Election or Free-will

I have been on both sides of this argument for a few years. Does God elect his believers on his holy and perfect will or does God let us choose whether we want to serve him or not? (I am new to forums, sorry if I don't do something right, please message me for help/correction. I love to learn)

My Position: I believe whatever the bible says (2 Timothy 3:16,17). I know there are verses that support Election/Predestination.

#444158 Mormons

Posted by JonSAdams on 27 November 2012 - 09:55 PM in Theology

Here are some notes I have to help defend against Mormons.

-Do you believe that every person who claims to be a “prophet” is a true Prophet of God? Since the Bible warns about “false prophets,” how should we determine which prophets are of God and which ones are not? (Read Isaiah 8:20 and Deuteronomy 18:20-22.)

Isaiah 8:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22
20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.” 21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

-Since Jesus promised at Matthew 24:35 that His “Word” would “not pass away,” isn’t the Book of Mormon calling Jesus a liar by claiming that Jesus didn’t keep His promise to preserve His precious Gospel truths from being lost?  Which should we believe?  Jesus or the Book of Mormon?

Matthew 24:35
35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

@JonSAdams